Costanza Cocilovo, MD
Inova Medical Group
Board Certified Specialty: Surgery, Colon and Rectal Surgery
Clinical Interest: Breast Surgery
Accepting new patients for: Surgery
Inova Medical Group - Breast Surgery
Dr. Cocilovo comes to Inova Medical Group from Georgetown University Hospital and is a board-certified, fellowship trained breast surgeon. She served as Associate Director of Breast Surgery and an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Georgetown before becoming the new medical director of the Inova Breast Care Center.
Dr. Cocilovo has numerous publications in national journals and surgical textbooks and has presented nationally on topics in breast surgery. She has also been involved in numerous research projects including prophylactic mastectomy for BRCA gene mutation carriers; the use of nipple sparing mastectomy, screening the high-risk patient, evaluating the delivery of genetic counseling and the use of MRI in breast cancer staging. She looks forward to continuing her involvement in both research and clinical practice at Inova Medical Group. Dr. Cocilovo lives in Northern Virginia with her husband and 3 boys.
- New York Medical College 1996
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
- St. Vincent Catholic Medical Center-NY General Surgery 7/1/1996-6/30/2001
- Washington Hospital Center Colon and Rectal Surgery 7/1/2001-6/30/2002
- Weill Cornell Medical College Colon and Rectal Surgery 7/1/2002-6/30/2003
- Beth Israel Medical Center Breast Surgery 7/1/2005-6/30/2006
Areas of Interest