Hernan I. Vargas, MD
Inova Medical Group
Board Certified Specialty: Surgery
Accepting new patients for: Surgery
Inova Medical Group - Breast Surgery IV
Dr. Hernan Vargas is a specialty care physician. He is board certified in general surgery with fellowship training in surgical oncology. He joins Inova Medical Group with over 17 years of experience in the care of women with benign and malignant conditions of the breast.
Dr. Vargas serves as Director of the Inova Breast Care Institute at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital. Before joining Inova, Dr. Vargas served as Associate Professor of Surgery at UCLA and Director of the Breast Program at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center for 13 years. He has contributed to the development of new surgical techniques in breast cancer care being the author of more than 100 scientific publications.
Dr. Vargas firmly believes in a covenant relationship with his patients. His goal is to deliver the highest quality patient-centered care in the setting of multidisciplinary collaboration.
- Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia 1986
- Cayetamo Heredia University Hospital Surgery 4/1/1985-3/31/1986
- Harbor UCLA Medical Center Surgery 9/1/1988-6/30/1993
- Harbor UCLA Medical Center Surgical Oncology 7/1/1993-6/30/1994
- National Cancer Institute, National Institute of Health Surgical Oncology 7/1/1994-6/30/1996