Leon E. Moores, MD
Board Certified Specialty: Neurological Surgery
Accepting new patients for: Neurological Surgery
Inova Medical Group - Neurosurgery
Dr. Leon E. Moores is board certified in neurological surgery. He joins Inova Medical Group with over 13 years of clinical experience as a pediatric neurosurgeon. He has a special interest in the management of spinal dysraphism, craniofacial abnormalities, and brain and spinal cord tumors.
Most recently Dr. Moores served as a Professor of Surgery and Pediatrics at the Uniformed Services University School of Medicine. He has been assigned overseas twice in support of our troops in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Dr. Moores’ interest in pediatric neurosurgery stems from his desire to help children and their families deal with what is often one of the most challenging and life-changing events they will ever face – a diagnosis requiring neurosurgical intervention. The complex emotions that each family develops around the news of a brain tumor or congenital abnormality in their child requires the highest level of compassion and caring in addition to technical surgical expertise.
Watch Dr. Moores' Live Chat where he and Nurse Navigator Julie O'Brien discuss concussion care for children
- Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences 1990
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center General Surgery 7/1/1992-6/30/1993
- National Capital Consortium - Walter Reed Neurosurgery 7/1/1993-6/30/1999
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center Internal Medicine 7/1/1990-6/30/1991
- Children's National Medical Center Neurosurgery 7/1/1999-6/30/2000