Inova's Environmental Leadership
At Inova, we strive to develop and implement innovative, exciting environmental sustainability initiatives – and to share our progress with other healthcare leaders. We have continually proven our leadership within the field of healthcare sustainability.
Some of our major accomplishments include:
Inova has also received a variety of awards for its environmental sustainability efforts, including:
- ‘Making Medicine Mercury Free’ awards for all Inova hospitals in 2006
- ‘Going Green’ award at Elizabeth Hartwell Eagle Festival in 2009
- Finalist in Northern Virginia Technology Council’s Green Business Award in 2010
- Annual ‘Partner for Change’ awards from Practice Greenhealth for all Inova hospitals, beginning in 2007 – including two ‘Partner for Change with Distinction’ awards in 2010 and three in 2011 & 2012
- Environmental Protection Agency’s ‘Best Workplaces for Commuters’ award for two Inova hospitals in 2010, 2011 & 2012
- Silver-level award in the Loudoun County Green Business Challenge in 2010
- Gold-level award in the Loudoun County Green Business Challenge in 2011 & 2012
Inova is committed to accurately and transparently reporting on our sustainability impacts, opportunities and goals. In June 2013 we released our third annual Sustainability Report, which was written in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative's (GRI) G3 Guidelines. These internationally-accepted guidelines establish a Sustainability Reporting Framework that has helped Inova provide greater transparency about our economic, environmental, social and governance performance. Inova is one of the first healthcare organizations in the US to report according to this framework.
We want to hear what you think! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions, comments, ideas or other feedback about Inova's sustainability program.