How to apply for a Nursing Excellence Scholarship
Complete the required application packet:
- Scholarship Application Form (must be notarized)
- Scholarship Acknowledgement (must be notarized)
- Set of 3 essays (prompts are provided in the packet)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Complete set of official transcripts from all institutions currently attending and previously attended
- Acceptance Letter (only if your program has not yet started)
Download the 2013 application packet
Due date: Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. This means there is not one due date to apply and you should turn in your application as soon as you complete it. The review process may take as long as 6 weeks.
Please mail or hand deliver your complete application with all sealed letters of recommendation and transcripts to:
Inova Nursing Excellence Scholarship Program
Attn: Scholarship Committee
8110 Gatehouse Road, 200W
Falls Church, VA 22042
Please do not use fax or interoffice mail. Please do not mail pieces of your application packet separately as they may become lost or delayed in the mail.
The review process
Your application will be audited for completion upon receipt. If complete, you will receive an email thanking you for your application. If not complete, you will be informed of any missing pieces and have the opportunity to re-apply this year. Completed applications will be scored by the Nursing Excellence Scholarship Committee. Applicants who receive high scores on their applications may be invited to interview with the committee by email. Applicants will be informed of the award decision by regular mail.
For more information, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions