Medical Explorers Club
The Medical Explorers Club (MEC) sponsored by Inova Children's Hospital is available for high school students in the area who are interested in a career in healthcare. Medical Explorers Club members hear from various healthcare professionals about their careers. Sessions are designed to be hands-on and interactive. The club also provides leadership and volunteering opportunities.
Purpose and Goals:
- Provide our community’s youth with an overview of the many different careers in health care
- Provide a social network of peers and adult mentors from the health care field
- Hands-on sessions that focus on specific health care professions
- Volunteer opportunities with Inova Children’s Hospital’s community events
- Social activities
- Programming is guided by members, so that they get the exact information that they are interested in.
- This program is FREE
- Meetings and events will occur one to two times per month, typically on Tuesday evenings.
- Members are not required to attend every meeting or event. We ask that students attend as many as possible and that they notify the club advisor (Jamie Gentille) if they will not be attending meetings for a long period of time (due to school commitments, sports, etc).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the three documents required (see below)
- Complete and submit the following information:
- MEC Release Form
- HIPPA Form
- Submit these completed documents to:
Child Life Director
Inova Children’s Hospital
3300 Gallows Road
Falls Church, VA 22042