We will not be accepting applications for the 2015 Match
What you need to know to apply
Candidates must apply for the Transitional Residency Program through the electronic residency application service (ERAS) computer program. The program selection committee reviews all material and interviews a select group of qualified applicants. Interviews to fill 12 available positions will be conducted in December and January.
Note: All qualified applicants are considered for interviews. However, the volume of applicants precludes us from offering interviews to all qualified candidates.
Applications for the Transitional Year residency program must be complete and submitted by December 10.
We request the following documents:
- ERAS common application form
- USMLE Step 1 transcript (and Step 2 when available)
- Osteopathic applicants: your COMLEX scores will gladly be accepted and reviewed, but USMLE CK scores are still required. Either USMLE Step II CS or COMLEX Clinical Skills exam are acceptable.
- Medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- Dean's letter
- 3 letters of recommendation
- A fourth letter of recommendation is gladly accepted
- We encourage TY applicants to have at least one letter of recommendation from internal medicine
J1 visas are sponsored through Georgetown University Hospital. We currently do not have the ability to sponsor H1B visas.
All correspondence should be addressed to:
Shirley Kalwaney, MD, FACP, Program Director
Inova Fairfax/Georgetown Affiliated Programs
Inova Fairfax Hospital
3300 Gallows Road
Falls Church, VA 22042-3300
Georgetown University Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer.