How to Apply
Our application is paperless, via ERAS, with no exceptions. We will only invite candidates whose ERAS applications are complete, including letters of recommendation. We strongly recommend that one letter should be from emergency medicine or critical care faculty. We will not interview candidates outside the match.
Note these ERAS 2015 dates
July 1, 2014 – applicants may start applying to program
Interview season – Thursdays from September to October
Early November 2014 – match lists due
November 2014 – match results available
Early application is recommended as slots fill quickly. We strongly recommend all applications be submitted by August 31, 2014. Late applications will be reviewed but we cannot guarantee an interview for an application submitted after August 31, 2014.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (preferably from U.S. or Canadian physician faculty)
- One additional letter of recommendation from your residency program director that verifies good standing
- Medical school dean's letter (or equivalent)
- Official medical school transcript
- One-page personal statement stating why you want to be an emergency physician
- Results of standardized tests, e.g., USMLE, NBME, FLEX, FMGEMS or equivalent; all in-service exams are optional
International graduates must show:
- Proof of completion of an ACGME accredited residency in either Pediatrics or Emergency Medicine
- Valid ECFMG certificate
- Letters of recommendation that clearly document U.S. or Canadian clinical experiences
We are willing to sponsor candidates in good standing on certain visas as per our institutional GME policy.