Inova Children's Hospital Expansion
In 2016, Inova Children's Hospital is scheduled to open a newly expanded, state-of-the-art facility as part of an $850 million campus improvement project on the Inova Fairfax Hospital campus.
Construction on the new 12-story Inova Women's Hospital and Inova Children's Hospital began in 2012. Featuring all-private patient rooms, three of the 12 floors are dedicated to pediatric care with a separate child-friendly entrance.
The new hospital will provide:
- 116 private pediatric patient rooms
- 6-10 intermediate care (IMC) beds
- 22-26 bed PICU (4 IMC beds can be used as PICU beds)
- Expanded 108-bassinet NICU
- Outdoor playground dedicated to patients and families
- Meditative rooftop garden
Learn more about the ongoing construction and expansion on the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus