The deadline for receipt of completed applications for the Inova Fairfax Hospital Surgical Critical Care Fellowship is August 23, 2013.
The following information is required:
- ERAS application – will be open to applicants beginning July 1, 2013
- Three letters of recommendation from supervising physicians with whom you have worked
- Personal statement
- Written verification by your residency program director that you have graduated from a general surgery residency that is accredited by the ACGME, or will graduate from such a program by June 30 of the year in which fellowship begins. The fellowship begins on July 1.
- Results of standardized tests:
- USMLE, NBME, FLEX, FMGEMS or equivalent; all in-service exams
- ECFMG certificate (international graduates)
Because the ERAS application will not be available until July 1, 2013, applicants may send their information by email to the fellowship coordinator (see contact information below) in advance of filling out the application. Please note that applicants will still be required to complete an ERAS application.
The fellowship program director will review applications. Email invitations for interviews will be sent to selected applicants.
The Inova Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Program utilizes the AAMC Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) to manage the application process and participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) for ranking and selection. Click here to register with ERAS beginning July 1.
For more information, contact:
Surgical Critical Care Fellowship
Inova Fairfax Hospital
3300 Gallows Road
Falls Church, VA 22042