The deadline for receipt of completed applications for the Inova Fairfax Hospital Surgical Critical Care Fellowship is August 1, 2014. (Applications received after the deadline will be passed along to the program director for late consideration.)
The following information is required:
- Three letters of recommendation from supervising physicians with whom you have worked
- Personal statement of one page or less, detailing your reasons for pursuing a Surgical Critical Care fellowship
- Written verification by your residency program director that you have graduated from a general surgery residency that is accredited by the ACGME, or will graduate from such a program by June 30 of the year in which fellowship begins. The fellowship begins on July 1.
- Results of standardized tests:
- USMLE, NBME, FLEX, FMGEMS or equivalent
- All in-service examinations
- ECFMG certificate (international graduates)
The SCC Program Directors Society is in the process of creating a Web-based application process for online applications to SCC fellowships. Applicants are encouraged to check the Society website: http://www.sccpds.org/future-scc-fellows to access this online application once complete. Until the website is completely functional, applicants should send their information by email to the fellowship coordinator (see contact information below).
The fellowship program director will review applications as they are received. Invitations to interview will be sent by email to selected applicants.
The Inova Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) for applicant ranking and selection.
For more information, contact:
Surgical Critical Care Fellowship
Inova Fairfax Hospital
Department of Surgery
3300 Gallows Road
Falls Church, VA 22042