CRRN: Review course for CRRN certification exam (2 days)
Saturday, November 02, 2013
Add to Calendar
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital
2501 Parker's Lane
Alexandria, VA 22306
Map & Directions
CRRN: Review course for CRRN certification exam
Presented by the Inova Rehabilitation Center at Inova Mount Vernon Hospital
Click here to register online
About this course
The Rehabilitation Registered Nurse Certification (CRRN) indicates a specialized level of nursing focused on caring for the patient undergoing physical rehabilitation. These nurses are employed in various practice settings and focus on providing a higher level of nursing care.
This two-day program is a review course designed to assist the rehab nurse in preparing for the certification exam. Topics will include the practice of rehab nursing, psychosocial and community reentry issues faced by rehabilitation patients, and specific diagnoses and nursing care commonly provided to rehabilitation patients.
In order to take the CRRN exam, the applicant must be a licensed registered nurse. The RN must have been employed for at least 2 years as a rehabilitation nurse within the past 5-year period, or have been employed as a rehabilitation nurse for at least 1 year of advanced training (beyond a baccalaureate degree) in a field of rehabilitation nursing.
Prepare for the Certification Exam
Topics will include:
• Rehabilitation nursing practice and the rehabilitation team
• Review of anatomy and physiology
• Management of nutrition and metabolic needs
• Management of elimination needs
• Management of cardiopulmonary problems
• Management of activity tolerance and mobility needs
• Management of sleep/rest patterns
• Management of cognitive, communication and perceptual problems
• Care of patients with SCI, TBI, CVA and other diagnoses seen in the rehab setting
• Community living, coping, self-perception and sexuality issues
• Patient/family education and discharge planning, care across the continuum
• Legislative, economic, ethical and legal issues impacting rehabilitation nursing practice
Practice questions will also be reviewed.
, MSN, CRRN, CBIS
Polytrauma Staff Educator
McGuire VAMC, Richmond, VA
, MAOM, BSN, CRRN
Rehab Nurse Manager
VCU Health System, Richmond, VA
Continuing Education Information
The Inova Learning Network of the Inova Health System is an approved
provider of continuing nursing education by the Virginia Nurses
Association Continuing Education Approval Committee, an accredited
approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on
Accreditation. 14.0 Contact hours have been applied for nurses.
Date & Time:
Saturday & Sunday, November 3 & 4, 2012
8:30 a.m. -5 p.m.
Inova Rehabilitation Center at Inova Mount Vernon Hospital
Engh Conference Center
2501 Parkers Lane
Alexandria, VA 22306
Campus map and directions
Rooms will be held until October 15 at the Hampton Inn, 5821 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, 22303. Rates are $89 + taxes per night. Call 703-329-1400 and reserve a room under Mount Vernon Hospital.
Fees & Registration
Inova employees $50, Non-Inova employees $150
Costs include course materials, continental breakfast & afternoon snack (lunch on your own).
To register for this course please call 855-My-Inova (694-6682) and press “1” or click here to register online
Questions / More information