EpicCare Mobile Apps: Haiku and Canto
EpicCare’s mobile apps keep you connected with your patients, your practice and your fellow physicians – wherever you are – 24/7
Haiku is EpicCare’s mobile app for the iPhone® and Droid®. Canto is the mobile app for the iPad®. These two apps give Inova’s practitioners secure and portable access to patient charts. Whether you are in the hallways of your practice, rounding at the hospital or relaxing at home, accessing your patients’ information is easy and convenient.
Detail and functionality
Both Haiku and Canto provide easy access to chart review, patient lists, schedules, and messaging. Specific functions of both applications include:
- Find patients in the system
- Access patient lists
- Access your outpatient schedule
- Search the database for patients not on your list or schedule
- Review and update patient information
- Keep up to date on medications, allergies, immunizations, medical history or the problem list
- View reports about outpatient encounters including diagnosis and orders
- View reports on inpatient encounters including admission notes, vitals, active orders and discharge. (Note writing is not available with these apps.)
- Review previous encounters
- Review patient results including labs and imaging; and see new or abnormal results immediately
- Read and reply to Staff and Results messages from InBasket
Safe and secure
Haiku and Canto are completely secure and confidential. All data transmitted to and from the server are encrypted using SSL.
Because 2-factor authentication is embedded in the app, you will not need to use a fob to access Haiku or Canto. Additionally, Haiku and Canto are assigned to specific devices; therefore you cannot access the apps from someone else’s device.
Easy to learn, easy to use
Just like other applications already on your mobile devices, Haiku and Canto are designed to be intuitive. With the Physician Quick Start Guide, you can learn to use them quickly and easily. Many physicians report the Guide is all they need to get up to speed immediately.
Start your download process
You can download the free Haiku or Canto app from your device app store. To activate the app, you must first be approved and set up in Inova’s EpicCare system. Send an email with your request, including your name, credentials, contact info and your device ID*, to email@example.com. Your user name and password for Haiku and Canto will be the same as your EpicCare login.
*For iPhone/iPad, you will need to download an app called UDID to get your device ID.