We help you every step of the way
You may feel uncertain and have many questions about weight loss surgery. All of us associated with Inova Weight Loss Surgery Program at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital are committed to helping you, every step of the way.
We offer many services to assist you in your decision-making process. Should you choose weight loss surgery, we have informative classes and support groups to address all your new nutritional, fitness and lifestyle needs. Our door is open to you. Review the options and let us know how we can serve you better.
Use this form to contact us directly if you have questions
- Attend a free informational seminar describing procedure options and qualifying criteria
- Receive dietary counseling or personal coaching before surgery to supplement your surgeon's information
- Talk with an Inova financial counselor about common insurance questions
- Schedule a private session with our pre-surgical nurse to clarify questions about your surgery
- Take a hospital tour guided by a bariatric educator and bariatric dietitian.
We offer a variety of support groups and educational programs to assist you every step of the way.
- Learn what to expect during your first weeks at home at a personalized “Going Home Session” taught by our dietitian.
- Join us for our Journey Together support group, an excellent free opportunity to make friends and learn valuable tips for success. We find that patients who attend support groups achieve a higher level of satisfaction and success.
- Establish an exercise routine with one of our great classes open specifically to our weight loss surgery patients. We offer certified instructors.
- Check into our support program for long term maintenance – Navigating Your Journey. This program is specifically designed for people who had weight loss surgery two or more years ago.
The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) and American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) provide extensive, excellent online information related to weight loss, healthier eating and bariatric surgery.