How to Register For Diabetes Education
The following forms and information are required for all programs except the Pre-diabetes Program. If you have questions, contact the Inova Diabetes Center location where you will be receiving services.
Steps to register for classes
Cómo registrarse para el programa de educación en diabetes
- Ask your physician to complete an order form.
Print a physician order form for diabetes education to take to your doctor. Inova Diabetes Center requires an order form from your doctor to provide services.
- Choose a location.
Find the location for the class or program that interests you and call to reserve a spot.
- Check with your insurance company about coverage.
Some insurance companies also require pre-authorization to cover our services.
- Print out and complete an assessment form
Print the appropriate forms below that you need for your first appointment. If you have not completed the assessment form prior to your appointment, please arrive 20 to 30 minutes early to allow adequate time to complete the form.
- If requested, complete a three-day food and activity record.
You may be asked to complete a 3-day food and activity record prior to your appointment. Record your food, beverage and portion sizes on this food record sheet and bring with you.
- At your first appointment, come prepared to:
- Make your co-pay when you check in. We accept payment by check, debit card or Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover card.
- Provide current laboratory results such as hemoglobin A1C, glucose and lipid profile if available
- Show your insurance card
- Bring your blood glucose meter if you have one
- We encourage you to bring one support person with you to your appointments