Inova Loudoun Hospital Children's Emergency Department
Inova Loudoun Medical Campus
44045 Riverside Parkway
Leesburg, VA 20176
(Map and interactive directions)
At Inova Loudoun Hospital, we have a commitment to your child. That is why we created a separate, kid-friendly emergency department to serve children and accommodate their special needs. Our community-based and experienced pediatric staff is specially trained to understand the unique challenges of caring for children. We are fully equipped with the latest technology including medical equipment designed specifically for the safe care of children.
Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Experienced, caring pediatric emergency physicians
Emergency nurses certified in pediatric advance life support and pediatric emergency medicine
- State-of-the-art medical equipment sized to fit babies to adults
A home-like and family-centered atmosphere featuring iPads, slushies, family videos, games, books and toys
Child Life Program*
- Beamer the therapy dog, and the Beamer Book Series.
- Beamer is a gentle therapy dog that visits the Children's Emergency Department, allowing children to pet and play with him to help ease the anxiety and fears of being in a hospital.
- Children ages 2 – 10 receive a copy of the Beamer book titled Beamer Visits the Emergency Room.
- Families stay together. If siblings, or multiple family members, are admitted in Inova Loudoun Hospital's emergency care, whenever possible families are kept together in the same area in the Children's Emergency Department.
* About the Child Life Program
Inova Child Life specialists dedicate themselves to easing the anxiety
and stress affecting children during a hospital stay or outpatient
procedure. Our Child Life experts are available at Inova Children's
Hospital and Inova Loudoun Hospital. Because your child is unique, our Child Life specialists tune in to your family, culture and stage of development.