Endoscopy preparation guidelines
The following guidelines are for general use only. Please confirm preparation instructions with your physician or nurse prior to your endoscopy.
Please note: Patients undergoing endoscopic procedures are generally sedated for their comfort. Because of the sedation, you will not be able to drive for the next 24 hours. An adult at least 18 years of age must drive you home or accompany you in a taxi to help ensure your safety when you leave the hospital. If you do not have someone to accompany you, your procedure will be cancelled.
- You may be required to fast prior to your procedure.
- Check with your insurance company regarding pre-authorization and co-pay requirements.
- Arrive one hour prior to your scheduled appointment to complete paperwork and review preparation instructions.
- Bring your driver's license or other official photo ID, insurance card and co-pay (if applicable).
- Bring a list of any medications you take indicating dosages and how often you take the medication.
Learn more about digestive disorders