Therapy and Support Groups
Inova Kellar Program offers two educational groups: Social Skills Group for Children and Parenting Skills Group. The Social Skills Group for Children will incorporate therapeutic techniques that children will be able to put into practice and the Parenting Skills Group will be a support group for implementing skills to increase behavior management skills and handling problematic behavior.
Social Skills Group for Children
A six-week educational group for children under the age of 12, which includes discussions and practice in:
- Making and keeping friends
- Improving communication skills
- Solving conflicts with others
- Managing anger and frustration
Parenting Skills Group
A six-week education/support group for parents with children between the ages of 6-12 designed to:
- Improve parent’s knowledge of why children misbehave
- Improve parent behavior management skills and competencies in handling problematic behavior
- Improve compliance with parental requests
- Increase family harmony
To learn more about these programs contact us at 703-218-8500.