Inova Telestroke Program
When a patient presents in the ED with stroke symptoms, every second counts. Now physicians have easy, immediate access to an Inova stroke specialist. The technical advances of the Inova Telestroke Program make it possible to connect Inova board-certified neurologists with ED doctors using real-time, 24/7 videoconferencing capabilities.
Inova Telestroke facilitates collaboration between the consulting neurologist and ED physicians to ensure the most appropriate stroke treatment protocol, saving precious time and improving patient outcomes. The program builds on the innovation and success of Inova Telemedicine Institute, one of the first remote monitoring services in the country.
- 24/7 remote access to board-certified neurologists
- Thorough patient examination and conferencing with family members and participating hospital ED staff
- Review of CTs, MRIs and other images
- Consultation with ED staff to determine the best treatment plan, including administration of tPA if indicated
- Increased use of life-saving tPA treatment
- Decreased length of stay in your ED
- Reduced transfers and travel to tertiary hospitals
- Consultation with participating hospital as desired through remainder of patient's recovery, including bedside follow-up and additional appointments
- Certification assistance for The Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center accreditation
- Enhanced goodwill and community reputation