FUN and SNAP
FUN and SNAP provides healthy weight management and obesity prevention for children to support and meet the needs of the communities we serve.
FUN stands for "Fitness and Understanding Nutrition." SNAP stands for "Simple Nutrition and Physical Activity." This special program provided by Inova is geared for kids, but is a family approach to healthy weight management and obesity prevention.
See this NBC feature on FUN and SNAP
- Access to an exercise physiologist who teaches about proper physical fitness, sporting activities, stretching and balancing and making good lifestyle choices (i.e. sedentary vs. active behaviors)
- Ongoing education from our registered dietitians who teach balanced nutrition, including best food choices and OK food choices vs. choices that should be limited
- Support from a licensed professional counselor who will discuss the "Hunger & Satisfaction Scale"
Join us for a popular fitness and nutrition series especially designed for kids. Your child will learn about better eating habits and the importance of physical activity – and have a good time!
Class schedule, location and fees
The program is offered in six-week sessions four times a year. The six-week session (six Saturdays) is $75.
Classes are held at:
Inova Kellar Center
11204 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
(Map and interactive directions)
- 9 - 10 a.m. class (ages 7 to 11) — FUN (Fitness, Understanding and Nutrition)
- 10:15 - 11:15 a.m. class (ages 12 to 15) — SNAP (Simple Nutrition and Physical Activity)
Pre-registration is required. To register, complete our preregistration form and fax to 703-391-3207 or call 703-348-4716.
You may pay by credit card or mail a check payable to:
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
3600 Joseph Siewick Drive
Fairfax, VA 22033
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-348-4716.