Types of Services
Specific services available through the Center for Liver Diseases and Liver Clinic include:
- Comprehensive, multidisciplinary evaluation of a variety of liver diseases.
- Management of chronic viral hepatitis (Hepatitis B and C) with the state of the art medical therapies.
- Multidisciplinary approach to the management of liver cancer.
- Treatment for complications from cirrhosis, including intractable ascites, hepatic encephalopathy and variceal hemorrhage.
- Clinical research in liver diseases (hepatitis B, C and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease).
To assure quality of patient care and to maintain consistency in
clinical practices, patients enter the system in one of three ways:
referral by the patient's primary care physician or other
sub-specialist physician or self-referral.