Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Inova Loudoun Hospital
Inova Loudoun Ladies Board Birthing Center's Level IIIA neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) cares for premature babies and newborns with medical conditions requiring specialized care and observation.
Adjacent to Inova Loudoun Hospital's post-partum unit, the NICU offers expert care in a state-of-the-art facility. Our team draws from a wide variety of pediatric subspecialists and the Inova Children's Specialists – Lansdowne.
- Care for newborn infants as young as 26 weeks old
- Around-the-clock team of highly experienced multi-disciplinary pediatric professionals
- Board-certified neonatologists – the same group of physicians that provide care at Inova Children's Hospital and Inova Fair Oaks Hospital NICUs
- Neonatal nurse practitioners
- Respiratory therapists
- Board-certified lactation consultants
- Educational and emotional support for families
Family support program
Since having a child in the NICU can be a difficult experience, we have partnered with the March of Dimes to provide enhanced educational information and comfort to families of premature babies and newborns with medical conditions.
The program includes free written materials and videos – available in both English and Spanish – about terminology, frequently asked questions and what to expect during discharge. The Inova Loudoun Hospital NICU is proud to be one of only three hospitals in the state to offer this program.
Annual NICU family reunion
A child born at Inova Loudoun Ladies Board Birthing Center becomes a member of our family. Each year we look forward to our annual NICU family reunion, traditionally held in October, where patients and their families are invited to return to the Birthing Center to celebrate with staff and other families.
The NICU at Inova Loudoun Hospital fosters a special sense of family