Pediatric Feeding and Swallowing Center
The Pediatric Feeding and Swallowing Center at Inova Loudoun Hospital provides outpatient evaluation and treatment for a wide spectrum of feeding disorders, food aversions and swallowing problems experienced by premature infants, neonates and children up through adolescence.
How we work
Our experienced and specially trained team – including speech, occupational and physical therapists; a dietician; and the child’s physician – will apply a caring and collaborative approach to implement the STEPS approach:
Sensory processing and skill development
Training patients, family and caregivers
Encouragement and education
Physical positioning for optimal performance
Swallowing success in a hierarchy of foods
- Modified barium swallow studies
- Outpatient evaluations
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Family education/training
- Sensory integration training
- Specialist referral as needed (to pediatric gastroenterologists, FNI physicians, behaviorists, psychologists, pulmonologists, lactation consultants)
- Our advanced medical program includes therapy for children who are tube-fed or who have limited oral feeding.
Most insurance accepted. Physician and insurance referral required prior to start of treatment.
Inova Loudoun Pediatric and Adult Rehabilitation Center
44035 Riverside Parkway, Suite 500A
Leesburg, VA 20176
Download this packet and complete your patient registration forms in advance of your appointment.