Back to all pediatric services
Inova Children's Hospital is a regional leader in diagnosing, treating and managing digestive, liver and nutritional problems in children and adolescents. Our physicians expertly handle all pediatric GI issues, from more commonly seen conditions to the most complex and specialized cases. We are also active in national research efforts.
Call 571-226-5600 for more information about pediatric gastroenterology services at Inova Children's Hospital.
Expert care, convenient access
Our physicians and staff perform all pediatric GI diagnostic procedures, including upper endoscopy, colonoscopy and breath test for lactose intolerance. We are the only pediatric gastroenterology center in the DC metro area to offer two unique procedures, video capsule endoscopy and esophageal impedance/pH monitoring.
Our numerous outpatient clinics throughout Northern Virginia and Maryland mean easy, convenient access to care. We also offer specialty services at our Inova Children's Specialists – Prosperity II location, including:
- Eosinophilic esophagitis and immunologic bowel diseases
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Enteral feeding
Our physicians specialize in these pediatric conditions
- Acute/chronic abdominal pain
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Liver/gallbladder disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Eosinophilic disease
- Celiac and malabsorption disorders
- Peptic ulcers
- Feeding disorders
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Gastrointestinal disorders in special needs children