Back to all pediatric services
Children's Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
The Children's Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Program includes pediatric surgeons who work closely with a comprehensive medical team specialized in the treatment of infants, children and teens with musculoskeletal conditions and injuries. Our goal is to help patients reach their full potential, whether it’s returning to a sport or simply enjoying being a kid.
We can help with the diagnosis and treatment of any musculoskeletal condition, from broken bones and sports injuries to more complex cases of scoliosis and rare congenital disorders most often or only seen in children. We also help athletes with pre-participation examinations for sports programs.
Conditions for which we provide care include:
- Acute injuries such as fractures, sprains and strains
- Common foot and leg problems such as bowlegs and intoeing
- Congenital deformities and disorders such as arthrogryposis of the hand, arm and shoulder
- Genetic disorders including Marfan's syndrome and neurofibromatosis
- Limb amputations
- Orthopedic birth defects such as clubfoot and hip dislocation
- Osteogenesis imperfecta, also known as brittle bone disease
- Physical disabilities such as cerebral palsy, spina bifida, muscular dystrophy and skeletal dysplasias
- Scoliosis, including bracing and spine surgery
- Urgent orthopedic conditions such as bone infections and tumors