Back to Inova Fairfax Hospital surgical services
Pre-surgical Assessment at Inova Fairfax Hospital
All surgical patients receiving anesthesia must have a pre-operative assessment interview via telephone by a pre-surgical services nurse. Patients must call 703-970-6565 between 8 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday to make an appointment for a telephone assessment interview with presurgical services.
Patient Information Form
Please complete the Patient Information Form
for your pre-surgical assessment. It will be helpful to have your completed patient information form available for your telephone interview.
Is further medical clearance needed?
It is important to schedule a time to speak with a preoperative nurse in the event further medical clearance is needed. Failure to schedule this interview may delay the time or day of surgery.
An interpreter service and service for the deaf/hearing impaired is available upon request and walk-in interviews can be scheduled upon special request.
- Testing for surgical patients and walk-in testing site for pre-operative lab and EKG services, MRSA testing
- Walk-in lab services as authorized by insurance carriers
- Rhogam administration
- Lovenox teaching
- Crutch walking training
- Presurgical nursing assessment that includes pre- and post-op instructions.
- Evaluation/referral of testing results
- Receiving center for required surgical documentation, external testing results, H&P, Acknowledgement of Informed Consent, Advanced Directives, and Special Permits.
- Complete chart preparation for all presurgical patients
Hours of operation
Interviews by appointment
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6:45 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Pre-surgical Services phone numbers
Patient registration number
8503 Arlington Blvd., Bldg. B, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22031
(Map and interactive directions)