Healthy Weight for Life Nutrition Program
Inova Cancer Center – Alexandria is pleased to offer Healthy Weight for Life, an 8-week program taught by a board-certified specialist in oncology nutrition.
Classes are held weekly at Inova Cancer Center – Alexandria for 8 weeks, followed by 4 weeks of phone consultations.
2014 Start dates
- Thursday, January 9 at 6 p.m.
- Thursday, April 10 at 6 p.m.
- Thursday, September 11 at 6 p.m.
About the program
We will teach you a safe and effective way of managing your weight specific to your needs as a cancer survivor, including how to:
- Set a personalized weight loss goal using BMI and waist circumference.
- Calculate your daily calorie and protein needs.
- Adjust your calorie intake and exercise to accomplish a 1-2 pound weight loss per week.
- Set an exercise goal.
- Keep a daily food record and energy log and monitor calories consumed and calories spent.
- Plan menus that meet your nutritional needs but allow for continued weight loss.
As a program member, you receive:
- The EatingWell Diet: 7 Steps To A Healthy, Trimmer You
- One-year subscription to EatingWell magazine
- EatingWell's 500 Calorie Cookbook
- Access to an oncology dietitian and eight weeks of followup consultations
The cost for one 8-week program is $299.
To learn more or register, please call 703-504-7923
or email email@example.com