If you are having breast surgery at an Inova hospital, our breast care navigators offer pre-operative teaching to help you prepare and to answer questions you may have. You will learn:
- How to prepare for surgery
- What to expect during your hospital stay
- The importance of managing pain
- Drain and dressing management
- Practical tips for bathing, sleeping and moving comfortably
Inova breast care navigators work closely with surgeons who perform mastectomies, lumpectomies and reconstructive surgeries at the five Inova hospitals. Many patients prefer to take a pre-op class at the hospital where their surgery is scheduled, but you may visit any location that is convenient for you.
Locations & contact info
Please call one of our breast care navigators to ask about pre-op classes at a location near you or just to talk.