Spina Bifida Association
Contact: Jill Hill
Web site: www.sbanca.com
Northern Virginia and Charlottesville area
There is a fee for the national organization which is waived if families cannot afford it. Voluntary donations are welcome.
Provides support to adults and children with Spina Bifida (and related disorders) and their families, ages birth and up.
- Answers questions by phone/mail
- Support group meetings
- Information and resources
- Social or recreational events
- Sibshops or sibling support
- Matches one family with another: informal matching of families who attend support groups, including Spanish speaking
- Regional resources available through the Chesapeake Potomac Spina Bifida Association
- “Special Needs Fund” that families can apply for