Inova Youth Sports Safety and Health Day
Learn what you need to know to keep
your young athletes safe and healthy!
Saturday, July 26, 2014
Patriot Center at George Mason University
(Map & interactive directions
Medical Professionals: 8 a.m. to 11
a.m. | Register now
General Public: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. | Register now
Onsite testing & training (multiple time slots) | View schedules
Join Inova and Monumental Sports and Entertainment for a FREE
workshops, education and exhibits from the region's leading sports medicine
experts. Medical professionals can take advantage of CME sessions; expert
information and training for athletic trainers and coaches; Parents, coaches and youth athletes can enjoy the
expo floor, meet professional athletes, attend panel discussions, get free medical
testing and more.
* Walk-ins welcome *
For Medical Professionals: 8 - 11
A variety of CME/CE* sessions with presentations by neuroscience and sports medicine
- Sports Performance
- Injury Prevention
- Return to Play
- The Female Athlete
* 1 hour of CME/CE credit = 1 hour of participation in the program.
General program: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Get expert information from area professional sports teams and neuroscience and sports medicine experts.
View full schedule
- 11:45 a.m. - Concussion management
- 12 noon - Goalkeeper Briana Scurry, two-time gold medal Olympian and member of the U.S. women's national soccer team
- 12:45 p.m. - Eating to Win
- 1:45 p.m. - The Heart of an Athlete: Cardiac Issues in Young Athletes
- 3:30 p.m. - Head Games: How the Mind Can Impact Performance
EXPO FLOOR featuring:
- Information on products and services related
to youth sports safety and health
- Kid-focused hands-on learning experience sponsored by Safe Kids
- Sports celebrities
Onsite testing & training (multiple time slots)
Pre-registration required. Please click the Register Now button(s) to select your tests and times.
Free Baseline Concussion (IMPACT) Testing
(* not official CPR Certification)
Sponsored by Inova and hosted by Sheila Johnson, President and Managing Partner, WNBA Washington Mystics
Events Sponsored by:
- Inova Medical Group
- The Tell Me Town Foundation
- Giant Food
- Nova Medical Group