Types of Services
Inova Medical Group – Breast Surgery services include the following:
Inova also provides a wide variety of other services in addition to surgical and medical treatments.
- Surgical consultations
- Help expediting and coordinating diagnostic studies and physician visits
- Access to our breast care navigators. Our trained registered nurses serve as a source of support for you and your family. They serve as excellent resources for information about breast cancer education.
- Our Genetic Counseling Program serves women who may be at increased risk for hereditary breast cancer. Our counselor works with women who are concerned about how a family history of breast cancer may affect them or other family members.
- Our High Risk Clinic serves unaffected women with a BRCA mutation or a strong family history of breast cancer. During these visits, patients will meet with our high risk team, composed of a breast surgical oncologist, a patient navigator and a genetic counselor.
- Access to clinical trials (when applicable)
- Clinical education (printed and online materials)
- Support groups at a variety of locations
- See the Inova Breast Care Institute's Patient Information page for more