For those with an arthritic condition of the hips, knees or shoulders or concerns with a prior joint replacement, Inova Medical Group Orthopedics and Sports Medicine has fellowship-trained expertise in joint replacement and joint replacement revision surgery.
A team approach
The team approach begins with the first visit with to one of our orthopedic surgeons. The surgeon will present options from conservative treatment to joint replacement using the latest tools and techniques, including anterior total hip arthroplasty. If joint replacement is the right decision, the course of treatment continues with pre-surgical education. Patients learn what to expect in surgery and become armed with the tools necessary for a successful recovery. Following surgery, the hospital team works hard to quickly transition patients to a successful rehabilitation at home as well as back to the activities they love.
Our joint replacement specialists
- Todd R. Sloan, MD, is a fellowship-trained joint replacement surgeon with more than 30 years of experience in the care and treatment of hip and knee arthritis including extensive experience with the anterior approach to hip replacement.
- Matthew Levine, MD, is fellowship trained in complex shoulder reconstructive surgery including shoulder replacements in addition to sports medicine.
- Peter Bruno, MD, has more than 35 years of experience as an orthopedic surgeon. He earned his medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine and focuses on joint replacement surgery, knee arthroscopy, carpal tunnel release and other general orthopedic surgical procedures.
- Mark Theiss, MD, focuses on joint replacement including complex revision surgery of the hip and knee in addition to general orthopedics and sports medicine.
- Jeff E. Schulman, MD, is experienced in hip replacement in addition to his work on the orthopedic trauma service.
- A Stephen Malekzadeh, MD, is experienced in hip replacement in addition to his work on the orthopedic trauma service.
Conditions we treat
We care for patients in need of joint replacement and related common orthopedic conditions including: