Thank you for taking the time to consider our program.
We are the current Chief Medical Residents here at Inova Fairfax and are actively involved in working with the residents on a daily basis. Kimberly Lui is the chief from Georgetown University and Nancy Maaty is the chief from the George Washington University, where we did our respective residencies. During our residencies, both of us got the opportunity to rotate here at Fairfax where we saw an amazing variety of patients which enhanced our overall training experiences. The variety of patients, acuity of illness, diversity of medical conditions, dedicated and engaged faculty as well as outstanding conferences coupled with an efficiently run hospital attracted us to spend an extra year here at Inova Fairfax Hospital as chief residents. We have an open door policy and welcome any residents, medical students or faculty to stop by for suggestions, concerns, medical pearls, interesting cases or just candy.
We look forward to meeting you and good luck on the interview trail!
- Dr. Nancy Maaty and Dr. Kim Lui
Chief Medical Residents
The Internal Medicine Residency Program at Inova Fairfax Hospital accepts 9 categorical interns annually. All qualified applicants are considered for interviews. However, due to the large number of applications we receive, we are not able to offer an interview to all qualified candidates.
Candidates must submit all required information through ERAS by November 30. Paper applications are not accepted. Candidates for our residency program are selected in conjunction with the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) - http://www.nrmp.org/
Complete applications contain all of the documents listed below:
- Personal Statement
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation from U.S. or Canadian physicians. International Medical Graduates (IMGs) must have letters of recommendation which clearly document U.S. or Canadian clinical experience.
- Dean's Letter (MSPE) or equivalent
- Medical school transcripts
- Results of standardized tests: USMLE and ECFMG certificate (IMGs)
- Osteopathic applicants: While we will gladly accept and review your COMLEX scores, USMLE CK scores are required. We will accept either Step 2 CS or COMLEX Level-2 PE.
- Applicants must be within three (3) years of graduation from medical school/osteopathic medical school or direct patient care activity (independent or ACGME, AOA, or AACOM accredited residency).
- We do not have a minimum score requirement. Each application is carefully reviewed on its' own merit by our faculty.
- H-1B visas are sponsored by Inova
- J-1 visas are sponsored through ECFMG
Click to register for the 2015 Match
- NRMP Program Code: 3199140C0 (all numerals except for the letter C)
Click to login to MyERAS
- ERAS ACGME ID: 1405100435
Contact us with questions