We are very excited for the opportunity to be the Chief Medical Residents of the inaugural Inova Fairfax Internal Medicine Residency class. Residents at the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus are educated by an attentive, congenial, and, most importantly, intelligent team in the Department of Medicine. The attending faculty, nursing teams, and ancillary staff are all a joy to work alongside. The patient population cared for at this hospital is diverse. Residents gain knowledge in treating common illnesses as well as rare conditions. They also have exposure to heart and lung transplant patients. The modern, renovated campus provides an excellent working environment. Combined, these factors result in a superb educational environment in which an internal medicine physician-in-training can thrive.
We look forward to meeting you and good luck on the interview trail!
- Dr. John Meriwether and Dr. Rebecca Witt
Chief Medical Residents
The Internal Medicine Residency Program at Inova Fairfax Hospital accepts 9 categorical interns annually. All qualified applicants are considered for interviews. However, due to the large number of applications we receive, we are not able to offer an interview to all qualified candidates.
Candidates must submit all required information through ERAS by November 30. Paper applications are not accepted. Candidates for our residency program are selected in conjunction with the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) - http://www.nrmp.org/
Complete applications contain all of the documents listed below:
- Personal Statement
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation from U.S. or Canadian physicians. International Medical Graduates (IMGs) must have letters of recommendation which clearly document U.S. or Canadian clinical experience.
- Dean's Letter (MSPE) or equivalent
- Medical school transcripts
- Results of standardized tests: USMLE and ECFMG certificate (IMGs)
- Osteopathic applicants: While we will gladly accept and review your COMLEX scores, USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK scores are required. We will accept either Step 2 CS or COMLEX Level-2 PE.
- Applicants must be within three (3) years of graduation from medical school/osteopathic medical school or direct patient care activity (independent or ACGME, AOA, or AACOM accredited residency).
- All applicants must have a minimum of three (3) months of U.S. or Canadian direct patient care activity. Externships must have included direct patient care. Observerships do not fulfill this requirement.
- We do not have a minimum score requirement. Each application is carefully reviewed on its' own merit by our faculty.
- H-1B visas are sponsored by Inova
- J-1 visas are sponsored through ECFMG
- The Department of Medicine is not able to provide observerships or externships on our inpatient hospitalist or critical care intensivist service.
Click to register for the 2015 Match
- NRMP Program Code: 3199140C0 (all numerals except for the letter C)
Click to login to MyERAS
- ERAS ACGME ID: 1405100435
Contact us with questions