The Inova Fairfax Medical Campus (IFMC) Patient Relations Department acts as a liaison between patients, families, visitors and the hospital’s administration. Patient Relations addresses complaints and grievances, acknowledges compliments, and notarizes documents for patients.
Location, hours and how to contact
- The Patient Relations Department is located on the 1st Floor of the hospital, between the Tower Building and the Women’s and Children’s Atrium; diagonally across from the Tower Gift Shop
- The Patient Relations Department is staffed Monday-Friday, from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- On Saturday and Sunday a Patient Relations Representative is available on pager from 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. Please dial (703) 889-2280 and enter pager ID# 70239.
- The department phone number is (703) 776-3663. For after hours and holidays you may leave a detailed description of the issue on our voice mail. A Patient Relations Representative will respond to your voice mail message on the next business day.
- You may e-mail us at IFMCPatientRelations@inova.org.
A Patient Relations Representative will respond to your e-mail on the next business day.
- During evenings and holidays, when the Patient Relations Department is closed, please have the page operator page the Administrative Supervisor for assistance.
When to contact Patient Relations
The Patient Relations Department welcomes the opportunity to assist in an effort to meet the expectations of our patients, family members and visitors and can assist with the following:
- When a patient, family member or visitor wants to make a formal complaint with regard to their care and/or service
- To help facilitate communication between physicians, nurses and other staff members and a patient, family member or visitor who has concerns that cannot be resolved by staff present
- To help interpret a hospital policy for a patient, family member or visitor or when a special or unusual situation arises for which there is no specific existing policy or responsible department
- When a patient, family member or visitor requires a notary public
- When a patient, family member or visitor expresses an interest in learning more about advance medical directives
- Assist in clarifying a Patient’s Rights and Responsibilities
Patient Relations resources