Close Get Latest Internet Explorer Get Latest Firefox Get Latest Chrome
Inova Loundoun Hospital 100th year celebration

Learn about the history of Inova Loudoun Hospital and how we've proudly served the community for the past 100 years.
Watch our video arrow


Celebrating 100 years of promises made, promises kept

 

1912

June 5, 1912, Leesburg Hospital opened in a rented house.
 
Dr. William C. Orr, the hospital's first president.
 
Dr. John A. Gibson, vice president,
1918

April 18, 1918, the new hospital is opened and renamed Loudoun Hospital.

1949

Post-World War II, the hospital was overcrowded. Leaders and supporters worked tirelessly to obtain funding for expansion.


1974

Dedication of the new wing of Loudoun Hospital





















Horace C. Littlejohn, a respected Leesburg pharmacist, served as treasurer of the hospital for 37 years, without compensation.
 
Downtown Market Street in Leesburg, Loudoun County.
 
Mrs. William Corcoran Eustis is elected president. She established the Lena Morton Memorial Nurse Service, the first rural visiting nurse service in Virginia.
 
Miss Alice Davis is vice president, a charter member of the Board of Directors. She helped galvanize the women.

                                               
1960


Betty Hale, an employee for 35 years, looks at the Bed Fund roster in the early 1960s.

 
Dr. Charles S. White