In-Hospital Prescription Pharmacy Services
Convenient prescription services for patients, families and walk-in customers
Two Inova hospitals have established in-house pharmacy services for the convenience of patients, employees and walk-in customers. The locations are:
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
- Inova Fairfax Hospital - Heart and Vascular Institute location already open; a second Emergency Department location will open in 2014
Watch our video
For patients who need to have one or more prescriptions filled upon discharge from the hospital, a Transition Specialist will work with the patient, pharmacist and doctors to coordinate medications and have them ready for the patient when they are ready to go home.
About Inova Pharmacy Plus
Inova Pharmacy Plus is Inova's retail pharmacy service that is similar to other community pharmacies, with the added benefit of pharmacy staff who are members of your hospital care team.
For patients staying overnight in the hospital, our team can coordinate the delivery of prescriptions and other recommended products directly to your bedside. All other patients and their families are welcome to visit an Inova Pharmacy Plus location in person where our pharmacy staff can assist you.
Benefits of Inova Pharmacy Plus
Pharmacists are an important part of your care team. They understand your treatment plan and specific prescription needs, and communicate directly with your doctor if needed.
You can get your prescription medications and other health care supplies before you leave the hospital.
Prices are competitive with outside pharmacies and medical supply stores.
- Most major insurances are accepted. Payment is due at the time of purchase and can be made with cash, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
- The pharmacy inventory is carefully selected by our doctors and nurses to meet our patients’ needs.
How to get your prescription filled at Inova Pharmacy Plus
(For inpatients and surgical patients)
- You will be connected with a member of our pharmacy team to help you fill your prescription.
- Medications can be delivered to the bedside for no additional cost, or picked up at the pharmacy.
- If you have questions about your medications, we can arrange a consultation with your pharmacist before you go home.
Inova Fair Oaks Medical Campus
3600 Joseph Siewick Drive
Fairfax, VA 22033
Inova Pharmacy Plus will be on the first floor, across from the Gift Shop.
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
3300 Gallows Road
Falls Church, VA 22042
Our Inova Heart and Vascular Institute location opens on December 17, 2013, followed by our Emergency Department location in 2014.
- Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.