John F. Hamilton, MD
Inova Medical Group
Board Certified Specialty: Neurological Surgery
Accepting new patients for: Neurological Surgery
Inova Medical Group - Neurosurgery
Dr. John F. Hamilton is board certified in neurological surgery and comes to Inova Medical Group with eight years of surgical and clinical experience. He has a special interest in management of spine, complex spine and peripheral nerve disorders. Dr. Hamilton is the Director of Spine and Peripheral Nerve Surgery and is also the Director of Inova Medical Group Neurosurgery Clinic. He serves the Department of Neurosciences at Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Medicine, Inova Campus where he holds the title of Assistant Professor.
Dr. Hamilton’s goal is to ease pain and restore function while saving lives. His extensive background gives him a unique perspective when analyzing challenging neurosurgical issues. Dr. Hamilton’s work at Inova is influenced by a variety of factors including his PHD, which allows him to think like a scientist. Early experience with preeminent neurosurgeons and ongoing involvement in the vanguard of neurosurgical procedures has also shaped his approach that provides patients with highest level of treatment. A native of New York, NY Dr. Hamilton currently resides in Great Falls, Virginia.
- Meharry Medical College- Office of the Registrar 1994
- Maricopa Medical Center Surgery 6/19/1994-6/23/1995
- Barrow Neurological Institute-Phoenix Neurological Surgery 7/1/1995-12/31/1996
- Henry Ford Hospital Neurological Surgery 7/1/2000-6/30/2004
- Louisiana State University Medical Center Peripheral Nerve Microsurgical 1/1/2002-3/30/2002
- National Institutes of Health Neurological Surgery 10/1/1998-6/30/2000
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Spine 8/1/2004-8/31/2005