Robert A. Hymes, MD
Inova Medical Group
Board Certified Specialty: Orthopaedic Surgery
Accepting new patients for: Orthopaedic Surgery
Inova Medical Group - Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine I
Dr. Robert A. Hymes is a board certified Orthopedic Surgeon. He joins Inova Medical Group with over 13 years of clinical experience and special interests in the management of fractures, nounions/malunions, pelvis and acetabular fractures/injuries and bone infections.
Dr. Hymes serves as an assistant professor at VCU School of Medicine - Inova Medical Campus and is the Director of Clinical Research for the Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Inova Fairfax Hospital. He serves as an advisor for 3rd and 4th year medical students and hosts a visiting medical student for research purposes each summer. He has numerous publications and national presentations in the field of Orthopedic Trauma and has served as faculty for several educational courses.
Dr. Hymes became interested in orthopedics and orthopedic trauma because of the complex nature and interplay of fractures and functional recovery. His goal is to help patients and their families get through the difficult challenges that their injuries may bring.
- University of California San Francisco 1994
- UCSF- Fresno (Pediatrics) General Surgery 6/1/1994-6/30/1995
- University of California San Francisco General Surgery 6/1/1994-6/30/1995
- University of California San Francisco 7/1/1995-6/30/1999
- Harborview Medical Center Orthopaedic Traumatology 8/1/1999-7/31/2000