Back to Inova Rehabilitation Center
Peer Mentor Program
The Peer Mentor Program at Inova Mount Vernon Hospital's Rehabilitation Center brings together recovered stroke and brain injury survivors with patients who are newly adjusting to their lives as survivors of the same conditions.
The brain injury or stroke survivor has a unique opportunity to offer support to new survivors. Mentorship may include sharing experiences related to hospitalization, rehabilitation and ongoing integration into home, work and community settings.
How do I join the program as a mentor?
- Mentor candidates should contact the Outpatient Rehabilitation Office at Inova Mount Vernon Hospital to obtain an application form. The form can be emailed, faxed, mailed or picked up.
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital
Outpatient Rehabilitation Office
- Once the application is received and accepted, the candidate will be contacted for an orientation session.
- Orientation will cover information about the program and prepare incoming mentors to participate with confidence
- All questions about the program will be answered
- Mentors may then be matched with individual survivors based on availability of both parties. Mentors may also have the opportunity to particulate in a discussion group held every 1st and 3rd Wednesday at 3 p.m. at Inova Mount Vernon Hospital
Download new mentor forms and information and post-visit evaluation forms