CEU Conference with live and virtual attendance options Distinctions in Neuroscience Nursing Practice
Inova’s annual Neuroscience Nursing Conference is created for nurses in or interested in neuroscience nursing to be able to convene, present and learn about standards of care, evidence-based practice, education and research in the neurosciences in order to improve patient outcomes and have the ability to convene in dialogue. Dynamic presentations and break out sessions are scheduled in addition to a keynote speaker. Attendance can be live or virtual at your choice. Onsite registrants will be provided breakfast and lunch.
Two-Day Event (Register for one or both days)
Thursday, October 27, 2022
Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN) Review Course
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Review Course Syllabus
* The Thursday course, Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN) Review Course, is offered in-person only.
Friday, October 28, 2022
3rd Annual Inova Neuroscience Nursing Conference
Breakfast for in-person attendees: 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
Conference 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
* The Friday conference is a hybrid event; some will elect to attend live and some by webinar. The webinar will be a simultaneous broadcast of the live event. If the number of people wishing to attend the live event exceeds 200, subsequent registrants will be directed to attend the online version via Zoom.
Cost & CEUs
- Inova Nurses: Free
- Non-Inova Nurses: $40 for one day; $60 for both days
- Earn 7 Continuing Education Units through SCRN review course attendance (Thursday)
- Earn 5.5 Continuing Education Units through virtual or in-person conference attendance (Friday)
Inova Nursing Professional Development is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Virginia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Criteria for successful completion includes attendance at the entire event and completion of an evaluation. There are no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies for those with the ability to control the content of this activity.
Attendees will learn how neuroscience nurses:
- Engage in evidence-based practice and quality improvement to transform patient care and outcomes
- Work in integrated care teams and/or as coordinator or navigators for patients in epilepsy, spine, stroke and other neurological conditions of the brain, spine and nerves
- Convene in quality standard working groups, research projects and in leadership development
Event ChairFadia Feghali, RN, BSN, MS, NE-BC Vice President, Nursing, Inova Neurosciences
Fadia Feghali is an accomplished healthcare nursing executive with more than two decades of experience in nursing leadership in a hospital setting. In Inova Neurosciences she holds responsibility for nursing functions across the entirety of the service line: neurology, neurosurgery, neuroscience nursing, and neurological research and education while also overseeing a Neuroscience Shared Governance Nursing Council across the health system. She is a dedicated leader and is pioneering nursing education advancement and career pathways for Inova Neurosciences within the Inova Health System.
Keynote SpeakerPatricia Lane, MBA, BSN, SCRN, FAAN Vice President & Administrator, Inova Neurosciences
Patricia (Pat) Lane is a seasoned healthcare executive with more than two decades of experience in hospital leadership and a nurse. In Inova Neurosciences she holds responsibility for implementing and managing administrative and operational functions across neurology, neurosurgery, neuroscience nursing, and neurological research and education while also serving a two-year appointment as the President of the American Association of Neuroscience Nurses.
Review Course InstructorCynthia Bautista, PhD, APRN, FNCS Nursing Brains, LLC
Dr. Cynthia Bautista is a nursing entrepreneur who created her own company, Nursing Brains, LLC. She is an Associate Professor at Egan School at Fairfield University in Fairfield, CT. Cindy also works as a Neuroscience Clinical Nurse Specialist at Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital in New Haven, CT