Celebrating Bike to Work Day 2019 at Inova
Did you know? The average single-occupancy vehicle emits 188 grams of CO2 per mile, while the average biker only emits 41 grams of CO2 per mile. Even if you rode your bike once a week to work, you could save almost 5 times the amount of CO2 and stay healthy by burning 48 calories per mile!
Join Inova in celebrating National Bike to Work Day! On Friday, May 17th, people all over the Washington, D.C. metro area will come together to celebrate this healthy, clean, and fun way to get to work. Commuter Connections and the Washington Area Bicyclist Association sponsor over 100 pit stops in the D.C., Maryland, and Virginia area. Find a pit stop near your home or work place and register today!
If you are an employee interested in participating in Bike to Work Day, or if you want to learn more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fast Facts About the Benefits of Biking:
- Biking is good for you - on average cycling burns as many calories as jogging, while being much easier on your joints
- Biking saves you money – the average American could save over $7,000 by biking to work instead of driving
- It can actually make you happier! Studies have shown that an hour of intense exercise a day can raise your mood as much as many anti-depressants
- It’s convenient – if you live close enough to bike not only could you save time sitting in traffic, you also won’t need to worry about finding parking
- Reduces pollution from auto emissions