The #JustOne campaign is an initiative that encourages everyone throughout the community to take small actions daily to protect our environment. These actions, once combined, will then lead to a significant impact on the health of our planet, community and ourselves. We invite you to both submit ideas and take action in order to support and protect the health of our local community.
Do you have an idea on how to reduce your environmental impact, whether at home or at work? If so, share it here with the JustOne Idea campaign so that it can be featured on our website! Every week, we will feature ideas submitted the previous week on this webpage and encourage you to submit as many ideas as possible.
Take an action or many actions between now and Dec. 31, 2018, and see how these smaller, daily actions can lead to a much bigger impact on our environment. Text that action to 703-688-8875 so that we can capture that action and achieve more than 5,000 actions over the life of this campaign. Weekly winners will be selected at random to receive eco-friendly prizes so the more actions you record, the higher your chances of winning!
Examples of Everyday Eco-Friendly Actions You Might Share Include:
- Biked or walked to work
- Carpooled with a colleague
- Used public transit
- Purchased locally grown food at a Farmers Market
- Replaced one meat meal with a vegetarian meal
- Purchased No Antibiotic Ever chicken at the grocery store
- Installed an LED lightbulb in your home
- Turned off your computer when it is not in use
- Plug multiple electronics into a power strip that can be turned off when you are not home
- Turned off water while brushing your teeth or shaving
- Fixed a leak
- Installed a low-flow showerhead
- Brought lunch in Tupperware instead of a plastic bag
- Refilled a reusable water bottle
- Recycled a bottle or can
Know a sustainability champion who is already making an impact at Inova? Tell us their story! Fill out this survey to nominate a coworker or this survey to nominate yourself.
- Bring a plate, bowl, mug and utensil set to work every day.
- Eliminate plastic ware and purchase compostable items only.
- Isolation gowns for staff and providers from recycled materials.
- Centrally located trash bins to decrease the plastic liners from each individual office bin.
- Eliminate plastic water bottles.
- Less plastic brought into the hospitals.
- Encourage those who are able to to telework. This cuts down on the pollution from our cars every day.
- Eat less beef.
- Get rid of styrofoam plates, cups and to-go containers at all locations.
- Bring and refill your reusable water bottle. You stay hydrated and help the environment :).
- Only take as many napkins as you need in the cafeteria.
- Compost leftover food from the cafeterias.
- Turn off exam room and hallway lights when the department is closed.
- Reduce plastic juice containers.
- Put electrical plug and outlet for all paper towel dispensers- no more batteries!