Transport Respiratory Therapist (Sign On Bonus)
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 19,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
We offer a $10,000 Sign-On Bonus, $10,000 Referral Bonus, and Relocation Bonus! Plus don’t forget about our other amazing benefits and perks! (See below)
U.S. News & World Report has again ranked Inova Fairfax Hospital #1 in the Washington, DC metro area. In addition, Inova Fairfax has also been ranked #1 in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Inova Fair Oaks Hospital ranked #4 in DC and #10 in Virginia, and Inova Alexandria and Inova Loudoun Hospitals tied at #7 in DC and #13 in the state. In addition to overall best hospital rankings, all five Inova hospitals received recognition for high-performance in several specialties and common adult procedures and conditions. These rankings are a result of U.S. News evaluating more than 4,750 medical centers across the country.
Inova is home to Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,936 licensed beds.
Benefits and Perks:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- Retirement: Inova matches dollar for dollar the first 5% of your eligible pay that you contribute to the plan
- Competitive salary: Pay based experience
- Amazing Paid Time Off: Accrue PTO hours on your very first day of work
- Supplemental Plans: Including Auto/Home Insurance discounts, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Additional Benefits: Educational Assistance of up to $5,250/year, Student Loan Refinancing, Adoption Assistance, Child Care Centers, Scholarship Program, Free Parking, Exclusive savings opportunities to in-store events, theme parks, discounts, movie tickets and local offerings and so much more!
- Graduate of a Respiratory accredited CoARC (The Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care) program.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- 2 years Intensive Care experience in the NICU/PICU.
- Must earn NPS Advance credential and C-NPT certification within one year from date of hire.
- Possession of license from the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Respiratory Therapist.
- Physical Demands
- Must be able to wear seat belts installed in transport vehicle.
- Must be able to perform multiple physical activities at the same time.
- Must wear flight suit appropriately at all times during shift.
- Must wear appropriate safety gear when indicated.
- Must be able to tolerate environmental extremes including loud noise vibrations
- Transport team members must complete a personal risk assessment at the beginning of each shift and adhere to policy related to results.
- Weight Requirement: Cannot weigh more than 215 pounds (lbs) with gear.
The Transport Respiratory Therapist is an advanced level Respiratory Therapist, with advanced assessment and therapeutic skills in the Neonatal and Pediatric patient population area or age groups. The Transport Respiratory Therapist is expected to have a higher knowledge, skill and assessment ability and be able to perform independently as well as within the transport team. The Transport Respiratory Therapist is expected to routinely perform and interact as a professional and an ambassador of IFMC. The Transport Respiratory Therapist can handle virtually any circumstances that may arise pertaining to respiratory care without supervision. The predominance of the clinical practice will be with care and transport of children to and from IFMC, however when not on transport the Transport Respiratory Therapist is required to perform in house transports and work as a member of the Respiratory Care Services team.