Outpatient Practice Manager
Job DescriptionCoordinates coverage and work flow to ensure smooth operations within the practice and serves as expert for front office administrative processes and procedures. Ensures regulatory compliance to include credentialing of professional/licensed staff, compliance with medicare regulations, and all payor regulations. Performs financial reviews of the practice and participates in yearly budget process. Responsible for effective and efficient clinic operations. Collaborates with Director of Outpatient Practices to establish common standards.
- Provides new employees with process orientation and software training.
- Collaborates with Director of Outpatient Practices to successfully resolve issues within established deadlines.
- Demonstrates appropriate troubleshooting/problem resolution skills related to practice processes and workflow.
- Ensures that the office(s) are appropriately staffed, working in conjunction with the Director of Outpatient Practices in the areas of recruitment, hiring, orientation, discipline and evaluation of all office employees.
- Tracks and monitors employee Time and Attendance and signs off on employee time sheets prior to submission to Payroll Department.
- Coordinates Provider office schedules. Monitors patient volumes, patient access and level of patient service to ensure patient satisfaction.
- Ensures 100% compliance with government and contract regulations.
- Completes all necessary compliance training annually, to include training over System-wide compliance policies and procedures.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with Federal and/or State authorities, as well as any external governing authority.
- Enforces safeguards against fraud and abuse.
- Obtains and maintains records of credentials for professional, licensed staff.
- Oversees and monitors performance of front end revenue cycle functions (i.e. insurance verification, registration, co-pay collection, and charge entry) to ensure compliance with sound accounting practices.
- Participates in strategic planning, cost reduction and revenue enhancement activities.
- Organizes clinic operations to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of the operation.
- Minimizes/ Manages patient wait times.
- Monitors physician productivity.
- Responsible for effective and efficient clinic operations.
- Collaborates with Director of Outpatient Practices to establish common standards.
- Supervises practice staff in a professional and competent manner.
- Motivates, mentors, counsels, and develops staff to promote efficiency, enhance morale, retain competent staff, and provide a positive working environment within the practice.
- Screens and conducts initial staff interviews and hires staff.
- Provides effective communication linkages through telecommunication and/or internet-based technologies to ensure patient access, service, and operational coordination.
- Completes assignments and projects within deadlines and with minimal supervision.
- Displays attention to detail, uses reasoning skills, and demonstrates an organized approach to produce quality work.
- Partners with related departments such as Physician Billing, Patient Financial Services, and Medical Records to identify opportunities for financial improvement.
- Optimizes operations by assessing and managing the practice infrastructure.
Bachelor's Degree or 5 years of management experience (Meeting mgt. minimum requirement plus additional 2 years of management experience will satisfy the education requirement)
3 years working in an ambulatory/outpatient practice setting. 3 years of management experience. Inova Team Lead Experience ' 1 year of experience equivalent to .5 years of management experience.
Budget / Financial Analysis, Reasoning Skills, Project Management, Knowledge of Billing Software, proficiency in Microsoft Office