Surgical Technologist 2 PT Level 1 Tower OR
Our Main Tower OR consists of 22 ORs that are currently under construction and is growing to 30 brand new state of the art ORs by 2022. Our unit is proud to serve as a high acuity, fast paced, multispecialty operating room and as Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma facility. Our diverse teammates and complex patient population makes working in Tower OR exciting, with endless opportunities for professional and personal growth. The Tower OR teammates demonstrate high personal accountability, resilience, teamwork, and continuous learning; we are looking for eager and adaptive personalities to join our team!
*$10,000 Sign On Bonus and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates*
Shift: Day Shift
Schedule: Monday - Friday, weeknight & weekend call rotation
The Surgical Technologist 2 demonstrates advanced knowledge and practice in the role of the first scrub. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of aseptic and surgical technique. Demonstrates responsible behavior as a healthcare professional. Identifies variances from expected outcomes and responds to changes in patient needs.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of anatomy and is able to anticipate the required instrumentation for each step of a surgical procedure.
- Expedites the operative procedure by anticipating the needs of the surgeon.
- Keeps the circulating nurse informed of upcoming patient care needs.
- Demonstrates collaboration with other team members in planning/giving patient care.
- Serves as a resource in at least 2 specialty areas/procedures.
- Performs in preceptor role for new & experienced staff in the scrub role.
- Provides working knowledge of powered instrumentation, video equipment, microscopes, and complex instrumentation, equipment.
- Assists in the evaluation of new products and equipment.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED. Preferred: Completion of an accredited Surgical Technologist program.
- Experience: 1 year of previous experience as a Surgical Technologist or Surgical Technician.
- Certification: BLS via AHA required; Must be eligible for Surgical Technologist registration via Commonwealth of Virginia at time of hire. Registration must be completed within 6 months of hire. VA DHP Surgical Technologist Preferred: Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) via NBSTSA or Tech in Surgery – Certified (TS-C) via NCCT
- Other skills: Verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to deal with multiple tasks in a rapidly changing environment. Ability to deal with multiple tasks in a rapidly changing environment.
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Inova’s five hospitals are consistently recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades for excellence in healthcare.
Inova is home to Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,936 licensed beds. More information and statistics about Inova can be found at www.inova.org.
Safety Always: Learn how we keep our team members and patients Safe@Inova.