Physical Therapy Assistant PRN
The Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant will: Adhere to department policy regarding time frame, appropriate form and content of written rehabilitation documentation. Communicate effectively with patients, family, medical staff, care team members, students, supervisors and outside contacts. Complete all administrative and other responsibilities in support of the operating unit. Demonstrate essential skill in the use of treatment modalities, equipment and protocols. Perform reassessments according to state and facility guidelines, and adjust treatment plans accordingly.
- Completes daily progress notes that reflect patients' responses to treatment and actual performance as well as an assessment as to status, relevant to the treatment plan, and eventual discharge needs/treatment summaries when applicable.
- Instructs ancillary staff in patient positioning, mobility and care giving. Educates patients and/or families in home exercise programs, transfers, care giving, home safety and use of adaptive equipment.
- Documents clearly, concisely and legibly within established timeframes (e.g. allows other therapists to continue treatment, allows for interpretation by payers, supports reimbursement).
- Includes families/care givers in education/training as appropriate. Demonstrate collaboration in communication with team members and is open to feedback and receptive to change.
- Contacts families, physicians or other healthcare team members in anticipation of patient/family special needs in a timely manner to facilitate effective treatment plans.
- Recognizes the need for alterations in the treatment method and overall plan as patients advance or regresses and acts accordingly.
- Provides educational materials and methods appropriate to the patients' level of understanding and motivation.
- Selects treatment methods appropriate to patients' diagnosis, age group, physical and emotional status.
Experience: New graduate of a licensed physical therapy assistant program.
Education: Associate's degree from a licensed physical therapy assistant program.
Licensure: Currently licensed as a Physical Therapy Assistant in Virginia.
Certification: Active Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association.