Back to Results
Fairfax Medical Campus 602197 Full Time 3300 Gallows Road, Falls Church, VA, 22042, USApply
Job DescriptionClinical Services- Provides clinical services according to radiology practice standards and acts as a resource to radiography students and other technologists to ensure optimal department functions. Patient Care - Administers sound patient care practice according to hospital and department policies and procedures, to ensure the safety of the patients. Protection/Safety- Demonstrates radiation protection/safety for patients, staff and self as outlined in department protocols and regulatory guidelines, to ensure the safety of the patients and staff. Environment of Care/Equipment- Maintains equipment, exam rooms and work areas in a neat and safe condition, to ensure the safety of the patients and staff. Support Functions-Completes ancillary tasks to ensure efficient and consistent departmental operations. Staff Development- Demonstrates the initiative for self-development, to ensure proficiency of staff with new technological changes.
- Clinical Services- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of radiologic principles and theory, anatomy and pathology processes utilizing the most appropriate technique and/or positioning for optimal examinations, as demonstrated by exam results.
- Adheres to department policies and protocols ensuring all examinations are optimized for interpretation, as demonstrated by exam results.
- Demonstrates the ability and skills to assist in teaching radiography student’s sound radiography principles as required by Inova.
- Patient Care - Administers sound patient care practice according to hospital and department policies and procedures, to ensure the safety of the patients.
- Communicates effectively with patient to obtain clinical history informed consent from patient or patient's chart to assist the physician in optimizing the performance and interpretation of the examination, as evidenced by the exam results.
- Explain procedure to patients/families and answers any questions to ease anxiety and assure patient cooperation, as evidenced by the exam results.
- Assists the physician in performing a variety of examination using standard department protocols, isolation precautions and/or sterile technique, as evidenced by Radiologist's satisfaction.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize clinical and/or emergent problems that may interfere with exams and take appropriate action to resolve them and produce the most desirable outcome, as evidenced by exam results and patient satisfaction.
- Protection/Safety- Demonstrates radiation protection/safety for patients, staff and self as outlined in department protocols and regulatory guidelines, to ensure the safety of the patients and staff.
- Maintains exposure reading within the "As Low As Reasonably Achievable" limits, as evidenced by monthly radiation exposure reports.
- Demonstrates patient safety in department by use of side rails, braking mechanisms, and patient monitoring, as demonstrated by risk management reports.
- Reports, documents and corrects any adverse, unsafe or unusual condition, as evidenced by the patient/employee incidence reports or department specific logbooks.
- Demonstrates the effective use of radiation protection procedures with collimation devices and protective shielding, as evidenced by the incidence reports.
- Environment of Care/Equipment- Maintains equipment, exam rooms and work areas in a neat and safe condition, to ensure the safety of the patients and staff.
- Maintains an orderly, safe and clean environment.
- Ensures rooms are stocked with appropriate supplies and has required supplies readily available for procedures, as evidenced by customer satisfaction.
- Operates imaging and other related equipment according to manufacturer's specifications, as evidenced by exam results.
- Troubleshoots equipment effectively and report equipment to biomedical engineering/vendor, as evidenced by service reports.
- Performs/recognizes the need for routine maintenance of imagers/processors to maintain consistent quality images, as evidenced by the physician and the exam results.
- Support Functions- Completes ancillary tasks to ensure efficient and consistent departmental operations.
- Correctly identifies patients and their files ensuring a high degree of accuracy, as evidenced by the lack of mislabeled films and files.
- Tracks patients according to department procedures.
- Identifies errors ad take immediate action for corrections, as evidenced by the EMR and PACS System reports.
- Tracks patients according to department procedures. Identifies errors and take immediate action for corrections, as evidenced by the Radiology Information System reports.
- Participates in department/hospital performance improvement initiatives, in-services and meetings, as evidenced by attendance records.
- Demonstrates proper technique for injection of IV contrast under the American College of Radiology (ACR) guidelines
- Staff Development- Demonstrates the initiative to stay abreast of technological changes and updates, as evidenced by submittal of documentation of attendance at seminars and in-services.
- Actively participates in a department/hospital project or committee, as evidenced by committee roster.
- Usual Work hours: 8
- Work schedule: 0900-2130 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday with on-call and holiday rotation
- Experience: Recent experience in a hospital/healthcare environment as a Rad Tech/Student; prior experience preferred
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school/program of diagnostic radiography
- Certification: BLS; ARRT registry eligible - must be obtained within 1 year of hire