Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant
We are currently looking for a Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant for our outpatient Inova Physical Therapy Center location in Annandale, VA!
This individual will adhere to department policy regarding time frame, appropriate form and content of written rehabilitation documentation. Must also communicate effectively with patients, family, medical staff, care team members, students, supervisors and outside contacts. Our successful candidate will complete all administrative and other responsibilities in support of the operating unit along with demonstrate essential skills in the use of treatment modalities, equipment and protocols. This individual will also perform reassessments according to state and facility guidelines, adjusting treatment plan accordingly. This individual must also be able to work some evenings and rotating Saturdays.
- Completes daily progress notes that reflect patients' responses to treatment and actual performance as well as an assessment as to status, relevant to the treatment plan, and eventual discharge needs/treatment summaries when applicable.
- Instructs ancillary staff in patient positioning, mobility and care giving. Educates patient and/or family in home exercise programs, transfers, care giving, home safety and use of adaptive equipment.
- Documents clearly, concisely and legibly within established timeframes (e.g. allows other therapists to continue treatment, allows for interpretation by payers, supports reimbursement).
- Includes family/care giver in education/training as appropriate. Demonstrate collaboration in communication with team members and is open to feedback and receptive to change.
- Contacts families, physicians or other healthcare team members in anticipation of patient/family special needs in a timely manner to facilitate effective treatment plans.
- Recognizes the need for alterations in the treatment method and overall plan as patients advance or regresses and acts accordingly.
- Provides educational materials and methods appropriate to the patients' level of understanding and motivation.
- Selects treatment methods appropriate to patients' diagnosis, age group, physical and emotional status.
- Virginia Physical Therapy Assistant License in good standing prior to start
- Associates Degree from Licensed Physical Therapy program
- No experience is required
- Must have First Aid, BLS, & CPR Certification from American Heart Association upon start
- Basic computer knowledge and communication skills