Director Clinical Specialty- Operating Room
o Inova Alexandria Hospital is a 318-bed community hospital that offers a full range of healthcare services and has received national recognition for healthcare excellence. From babies to seniors, Inova Alexandria Hospital Provides World-Class Medical Care. We are dedicated to continually expanding our programs and services to help ensure we meet the healthcare needs of the communities we serve today and in the future.
The Director Clinical Specialty supports Inova's mission and strategic plans by managing one or more nursing units with 24-hour responsibility.
• Responsible for the unit's budget and full-time equivalent employees (FTEs).
• Provides input to budget development and attainment of fiscal goals.
• Ensures unit compliance with quality, safety, regulatory requirements, and TJC standards.
• Reports to a Senior Director or higher level.
• Demonstrates leadership traits and supporting behavioral competencies.
• Manages clinical and non-clinical staff, including day-to-day supervision, employee relations, and staff development.
• Serves as primary liaison and information resource for unit.
• Oversees the provision of therapeutic care in a holistic, evidence-based environment which produces excellent patient care with optimal patient outcomes.
• Utilizes the quality process and best practices to improve clinical operation of the unit(s).
• Utilizes TJC standards and nursing practice tools and research to support a care delivery system which produces quality care with optimal outcomes.
• Incorporates data to continually improve operations.
As an Inova Nurse you will:
• Have an opportunity for career advancement with our clinical progression ladder.
• Maintain strong and open communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others.
• Collaborate care with multi-disciplinary teams to provide safe, competent nursing care for patients in accordance with facility policies, standards, and philosophy.
• Ensure safe and sterile field by monitoring the overall environment of the OR.
• Provide individual, patient-centered approach to patients with a wide range of diagnoses.
o Safe at Inova:
Our commitment to keeping patients safe, means there’s no safer place for you to work. We safeguard our patients, by safeguarding our team members.
· Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE
· Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors
· Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
· Inova operates curbside Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities
· All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• One year of nursing leadership and two years of acute care nursing
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Proven leadership skills and highly effective at leading a team and fostering a team environment.
• Demonstrates professionalism.
• Customer-focused, with strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to build and maintain partnerships.
• Strong problem-solving capabilities and the ability to prioritize effectively.
• Able to serve as a mentor and a resource to other RNs.