Sr Dir CDI
Job DescriptionThe Sr. Director of Clinical Documentation Integrity directs the activities of the Clinical Documentation Integrity (CDI) department, facilitates modifications to clinical documentation to ensure accurate depiction of the level of clinical services and patient severity through extensive concurrent interaction with physicians, nursing staff and other caregivers, case management and coding staff.
- Lead the Clinical Documentation Improvement functions across the system in collaboration with senior leadership, clinical leaders and other operational leaders.
- Collaborate with clinical and operational leaders to ensure the strategic implementation and utilization of technologies to enhance the clinical documentation process
- Work closely with leaders across the system to address service line, site-specific and system wide opportunities.
- Partner with Senior Leaders on opportunities for improvement related quality and margin improvement.
- Responsible for Development and oversight of the Clinical Documentation Improvement team and related functions.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding goals for the Clinical Documentation Improvement team in accordance with relevant laws and guidelines
- Responsible for Overseeing and developing the leader and team members, and any other assigned leaders and teams.
- Oversees vendor and/or technology resources as part of the strategic management of optimal clinical documentation.
- Lead the alignment and promotion of a shared understanding and achievement of the vision, strategy and accountabilities throughout the Clinical Documentation Improvement team.
- Responsible for developing and managing to a reporting suite of metrics and performance review meetings.
- Demonstrates a continuous focus on patient, physician, stakeholder, and team member satisfaction.
- Ensure the division is in full compliance with accrediting and regulatory standards through continuous quality control measures.