Development Manager, Special Events
Job DescriptionJob Responsibilities
- Manages aspects of all Foundation special events such as design, planning, coordination and implementation.
- Manages and facilitates sponsor solicitations including follow up, tracking and stewardship.
- Communicates with event leadership, members of governance, management team and high level donors regarding event progress and preparation.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of legal and tax implications for event related issues such as raffles, insurance and deductibility guidelines.
- Works with outside vendor to develop, test and implement an online auction component for the signature fundraising events.
- Responsible for financial management of special events: manages event budgets and responsible for reconciliation with Inova finance at the completion of each event.
- Prepares financial reports needed for event management including gift tables, expense ratios and calculated revenue based on sponsorship.
- Responsible for coordinating RFP process and engagement of multiple contracted vendors for event production, including payment schedules and check requests.
- Negotiates contracts and develops budgets.
- Coordinates design and production of event collateral materials with marketing department and/or vendors.
- Works with Inova public relations staff as well as local and regional news outlets to generate awareness for special events.
- Insures that event registration and marketing information is distributed internally through existing Inova communication vehicles and externally through the Inova website.
- Develops ideas for event promotions and ways to increase event registrations.
- Develops sources for recruitment, prepares internship descriptions and submits postings.
- Screens internship candidates, coordinates and participates in interviews and selects interns.
- Responsible for on-boarding selected candidates including Foundation orientation and coordinating participation in Inova New.
- Supervises interns including progress, activities and workload. Also responsible for evaluation of interns.
- Bachelors degree
- 3-5 years of special event, marketing, public relations or fundraising experience.